As part of the Great Commission, we are commanded by the Lord to “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations…” Disciples are made when the church goes into the world preaching (and sharing) the gospel. For faith comes by hearing and hearing of the words of Christ. (Romans 10:17)
Accordingly, by the grace of God, we hope to take the good news to Glendale, AZ and beyond by doing the following:
- Public Preaching – after the example of the prophets, the Lord Jesus Christ and the Apostles, we preach the word of God openly in the public. By the grace of God only, we hope to do this faithfully, gently, graciously, mercifully, lovingly, after the example of our Lord
- Door to Door – we reach out to our neighbors by going door to door, introducing ourselves and sharing the gospel of forgiveness with those who are able to listen. We regularly have the opportunity to share the good news by spending this time with our neighbors.
- Marketplace – as we have the opportunity, we go into the marketplace to share the good news and hand out tracts.
- Events – when there are large gatherings of people, we hand out tracts and share the gospel
- Opportunity – we give the reason for the hope that we have in Christ Jesus as the Lord provides opportunity.
- Assemblies – while the purpose of our assemblies is not evangelism, we do regularly share the gospel when we are assembled for all to hear, knowing that not everyone assembled has faith in Christ.
All members of the church are called to be partakers of this part of the Great Commission, through agreement, prayer, encouragement, affection, love and when possible, participation. It is our hope that God would cause us to grow in love for the Lord, for our neighbors and one another in Christ.
When the Apostle Paul wrote the Philippians, he hoped for this to be true… Phil 1:27 Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel, May the Lord make this true of us in love. Amen.